Re: [xsl] XSL -XML to XSL reorienting node

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL -XML to XSL reorienting node
From: Mike Ferrando <mikeferrando@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:38:09 -0700 (PDT)
--- David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    <xsl:if test="child::*">
>       <xsl:choose>
>         <xsl:when test="name()=''">
>
> That when can never be true.
> If the outer if is true then the current node has child nodes so it
> must be an element node. Element nodes never have an empty name.

I put this in because I was getting empty attributes (and it did get
rid of them but obviously masked another problem).

> in your second one
>
>     <xsl:if test="child::*()[not(SCRGRP | SCRGRPX | NON-SCORE |
> that's a syntax error you can't have () anywhere in Xpath 1.

I would have gotten an error message on this one when I tried to
transform it. (DUH!) So it must be a typo on my part. How about
without the ()?

> I didn't understand your problem description so can't give advice
> on what it should be, also I have a plane to catch (literally)

Thanks for your time and have a good trip.

Mike F.