Re: Re: [xsl] Finding out the existence of a node

Subject: Re: Re: [xsl] Finding out the existence of a node
From: "Kalyan Kumar Mudumbai" <kalyan_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 1 Jul 2002 11:44:59 -0000
Thanks, that works great. And I've a problem when I say

<xsl:apply-templates select="document($source)//$node_name"/>

Can I do this?

Kalyan

On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 Oleg Tkachenko wrote :
What about
<xsl:if test="document($source)/descendant::*[local-name()=$node_name]">

Kalyan Kumar Mudumbai wrote:
Hi,
is there a way to find out if a particular node exists in an xml file or not?
For example, I have an xml file which has a node <MyName>, how can I know if the same node is also present in another xml file which the stylesheet is processing?

<xsl:variable name="node_name" select="local-name()"/>
gives me the name of the node into the variable node_name.

<xsl:param name="source" select="./Doc.xml"/>
gives selects the path of Doc.xml into $source

Now how do I know whether $node_name is present in Doc.xml or not? Please help me out.

Thanks,

Kalyan

-- Oleg Tkachenko Multiconn International Ltd, Israel

_________________________________________________________ There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com. Go now http://monsterindia.com/rediffin/