Re: [xsl] Translating grammars XML in others languages

Subject: Re: [xsl] Translating grammars XML in others languages
From: "Marrow" <marrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:12:29 +0100
Hi Paulo,

Any stylesheet that builds output elements/attributes using DOE
(disable-output-escaping) is going to be fairly troublesome - and bear in mind
that the disable-output-escaping attribute is optional for transformation
engines to support.

You might be as well to look at using the existing mechanisms within XML and
XSLT/XPath for handling languages - e.g. the xml:lang attribute (in XML) and the
lang() function (in XPath).  You could utilise the xml:lang attribute in your
dictionary xml and then use this to query the dictionary for the appropriate
language requirement in your XSLT (using the lang() function).

As an example of this, I have produced a couple of stylesheets (based on your
requirement) that might be of some use.  As you can imagine the stylesheets get
fairly long - so to avoid cluttering everyones in-basket I have uploaded these
to...
  http://www.marrowsoft.com/Downloads/Temp/LangTran.zip
The zip file contains a modified version of your dictionary.xml plus two
stylesheets - one that translates from your original language to any language
supported in the dictionary; and another (2-way) stylesheet that translates
between any input language to any output language (supported in the dictionary).
Both stylesheets are commented in code - but if you have any questions just ask.

You can also find another utilisation of this technique at:-
  http://www.topxml.com/code/default.asp?p=3&id=v20020520103810
... although a bit out of date now! :)

Hope this helps
Marrow