Re: [xsl] Using mode to override templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using mode to override templates
From: "Marrow" <marrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 15:33:21 +0100
Hi Michael,

>> I've occasionally run into cases where I wished it was
>> possible to specify a list of modes on a template, something
>> like mode="print | display".
>
>There may be a birthday present for you soon...

How would "no mode" be handled?

That's our birthday present sorted - any chance of a Christmas present too :)

A wild-card for mode, e.g.
  <xsl:template ... mode="*">

AVTs on caller mode, e.g.
  <xsl:apply-templates ... mode="{expr}"/>

Ability to get at current mode (so it can be persisted down), e.g.
  <xsl:template ... mode="*">
    <xsl:apply-templates ... mode="{current-mode()}"/>

This would give the ability to funnel into certain templates and then apply out
again in the caller's orginal mode - would save repeating common code.

Cheers
Marrow