Re: [xsl] illegal characters in large XML files

Subject: Re: [xsl] illegal characters in large XML files
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 14:15:25 -0400
Meltem,

Set a variable to contain characters that are safe:

<xsl:variable name="safestring" select="'&#xA; ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ@*$%'/>

Then an expression of the form

translate(., $safestring, '')

will return a string value consisting of the current node stripped of all the characters appearing in the safe string.

I hope that helps,
Wendell