[xsl] creating a key() on a field with multiple tokens

Subject: [xsl] creating a key() on a field with multiple tokens
From: Danny Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:22:20 -0700
I have an XML file that has an attribute that is made up of multiple tokens"

generalizatiopn="G.109 G.110"

Is there someway to index all the values in this attribute with a key statement. If these were IDREFS I would use the id() function to split it up, but I don't think this works as a general tool for parsing strings like this - or does it?

The other end would be another area that I could manage this process if there was a way to say, give me all the keys and let me test them for containment of a particular string - contains(key('gneralization', '*'), 'G.109') is what I would like to do but I don't think this is possible either.

Any help would be appeciated

thanks
..dan