Re: [xsl] Design question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Design question
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:04:51 +0100
Hi Antonio,

>>The reason Jay couldn't use that is that for some arrangements of
>>parameters this would lead to attributes being added after child
>>elements have already been added to the da:Positive element, which
>>is an error in XSLT.
>
> I thought there was no concept of "before" and "after" on XSLT.

There has to be *some* concept of "before" and "after" in XSLT,
otherwise you wouldn't be able to specify the order of elements inside
other elements and things like xsl:sort would be pointless. But yes,
you're right that in general the order in which parts of the result
tree are generated by the processor doesn't matter; however in this
case it does. I imagine that this was to make it easier for processors
that don't do any funky parallel processing of templates to create a
(SAX) event stream of the result.

Cheers,

Jeni

---