Re: [xsl] xslt spec - or condition

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt spec - or condition
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:42:08 +0100
Hi,

You can make more sense of this if you fill in the hidden blanks.

subbu@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I was going through the XSLT Spec and found the following line there

"chapter|appendix matches any chapter element and any appendix element"

I would read that as "chapter | appendix matches any chapter element and [it matches] any appendix element"

what catches me is that the above line reads chapter and appendix

when i would have thot that '|' would be more close to 'or' than 'and'.
i thot it shud read chapter or appendix.

Yes, it's a bit weird that you could use "and" or "or" and interpret the sentance in the same way in each case. You could make the "or" version distinct as - "chapter | appendix matches any element which is a chapter or an appendix".

Hope this helps -

Francis.

--
"Never mind manoeuvre, go straight at 'em." - Admiral Horatio Nelson