RE: [xsl] combining oracle node-set with msxml node-set

Subject: RE: [xsl] combining oracle node-set with msxml node-set
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:22:41 +0100
> The strange thing is I do have such a test (shown below).
> Even though there's no way that the oracle processor should
> reach this line it still throws the error. It's as if oracle
> does some preprocessing to check that external functions have
> the correct prefix.

All processors do static analysis of the stylesheet and XPath
expressions before execution, but there is an explicit statement in the
spec (14.2) that the processor must not report an error for an unknown
extension function unless it is actually executed. Your evidence is
suggesting that Oracle has a bug (or non-conformance).

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx