RE: [xsl] xslt critique

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt critique
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:04:18 +0100
> http://www.cs.uu.nl/~visser/ftp/LVV02.pdf
> has an article about strategic programming, included in it is
> a critique about XSLT, I was interested in what people on the
> list might feel about these criticisms?

>From a very quick skim of a very lengthy paper, they have described some
characteristics of a particular programming approach, they have provided
the usual kind of speculation (but no evidence) of the engineering
benefits of this approach, and they have shown that many existing
languages including XSLT don't have all these characteristics. I
wouldn't even describe that as a criticism.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx