Re: [xsl] struggling with avt's

Subject: Re: [xsl] struggling with avt's
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:43:52 +0100
>   <xsl:attribute name="xsl:use-attribute-sets"><

This is putting an xsl:use-attribute-sets on the result document
but attribute sets are a feature of XSLT.

> which *implies* that I must use a literal result element, not an xsl:element
> (but I'm not sure).

it's same as xsl:version or version. On literal result elemenst you use
 xsl:use-attribute-sets
on xsl elements (just xsl:element is relevant here) you use
   use-attribute-sets

> I'm beginning to wonder which app actually resolves the attribute sets into
> the base form, the xslt processor or the fo processor?

The XSLT engine. attribue sets are just a different kind of variable.
You can use them if you are generating any sort of content, you wouldn't
expect an HTML browser to do anything with them.

> End game is even dubious.
>
> <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets='font para'>

You don't want to arrive there.

> but I know I've used it before successfully.
The FO renderer won't even see your attribute-set definition, which is
in the stylesheet. (Athough some won't complain about this attribute
from some foreign namespace)

David