Re: [xsl] xpath - check for no content

Subject: Re: [xsl] xpath - check for no content
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:01:49 +0200
As far as I understand your problem, the normalize-space() test provided by Ken is your solution. You want to test whether there is *no text* in your element, where *no text* means for you *no non-whitespace text*. The simple test on text() fails, because there are whitespaces. Trim them by normalize-space() and you'll see whether there is *non-whitespace text* contained or not. There will be no difference to handle the break.

Regards,

Joerg

sascha wrote:
I have to transform this into xsl:fo !
so, i do really NEED the additional break here!
background is- i am tranforming a Lotus Notes XML Export into a PDF
Dokument.
Some linbreaks and Paragraphs don't "get through" my templates at the
moment.
I am trying to figure out what's wrong or try to find a workaround, so that
the output looks like the Notes document.

I will try to see if your hints get me any further.
Thanks,
Sascha