Re: [xsl] Space Between 2 consecutive Nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Space Between 2 consecutive Nodes
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:09:43 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kumar V." <vkumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi All,
>
>      Below line present my XML file.
>
>       <Para>This is Example <Italic>Italic Text</Italic> <Bold>Bold
Text</Bold> Text</Para>

>       I am using MSXML3. When i start the transforming the above into
HTML, i am getting the below output.

>        This is Example Italic TextBold Text Text.
>
>        In the above output, space between 2 consecutive nodes (i.e.
<italic> & <bold>) is dropped.

to preserve space try using the xsl:preserve-space tag...but read up on
whitespace issues in general from www.dpawson.co.uk XSLT FAQ.

now without seeing your XSLT ....I can't tell if you are having other
issues... for example using xsl:value-of instead of xsl:copy-of .....

hth, jim fuller