[xsl] css or xsl for increasing size of first letter in chapter?

Subject: [xsl] css or xsl for increasing size of first letter in chapter?
From: Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 00:26:47 -0400
Hi everyone.
I am trying to increase the size of the very first letter for each chapter in an xhtml document. I have used the css pseudo class "first-letter" to do it, but it selects all the p elements in a chapter, not just the first.

p:first-letter {
font-size: 16pt;
}

I could use xsl to make the first child p of the chapter a special class of p like <p class="firstsentence">

Sort of like
p.firstsentence:first-letter

But not sure if this is the way to go...., any handy XSL tricks for this?
Thanks!

                <chapter>
                </chapter>
                <chapter>