[xsl] Urgent - Assigning <xsl:variable> with javascript variable

Subject: [xsl] Urgent - Assigning <xsl:variable> with javascript variable
From: "Aparna Konduri" <a_konduri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 17:26:21 -0400
Hello,

I tried to generate <div> tag dynamically with Javascript.

id is a javascript variable.

document.write("<div ID="+ id +" style='visibility:visible;
                                display:block'">);
document.write("</div>");

When I try to access the div tag, the browser complains that such a tag doesn't exist.

Because the above approach is not working, I thought I would do

<xsl:variable name="name">id</xsl:variable>
<xsl:attribute name="ID">
<xsl:value-of select="@name" />
</xsl:attribute>

This also doesn't work. How to store a javascript variable in <xsl:variable>?

Do you think there is any other way to do this? Please help.

Thanks,
Ana