[xsl] optimize XPath query to speed up processing

Subject: [xsl] optimize XPath query to speed up processing
From: "Charlie G." <jcgautier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:45:21 GMT
Hello you all,

I d like to optimize the following Xpath query :

"//a/@href  | //go/@href  | //card/@onenterforward |
//card/@onenterbackward | //card/@ontimer  | //template/@onenterforward
| //template/@onenterbackward | //template/@ontimer  | //img/@src  |
//option/@onpick "

I know it s bad to use // since the parser parses whole tree each time.

Goal : i want to get certain attributes values of certain nodes.
Eg. for the begining : if a node "<a>" has an attribute named "href" I
want to get the value of the "href" attribute ...
same for several nodes (go[with href] + card[with onenterforward or
onenterbackward or ontimer])  etc...

Is it possible to optimize my query to speed up processing ?
Shall i use 2 queries (which would be faster together? )

Thanks for help

Charlie