[xsl] Tabs

Subject: [xsl] Tabs
From: "sascha" <sascha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:46:04 +0200
Hi,
i have a problem transforming tabs into :fo, maybe i should better post this
into the xsl:fo list , but i  guess it is more a XSLT thing:
Here's my Input :

<richtext>
   <pardef id="2" leftmargin="0.3938in" tabs="L1.1806in L1.6729in L1.7715in
L2.5590in L2.9521in"/>
   <par def="2">
    <run>
   </par>
</richtext>

There are 5 - left-tabs defined in the pardef with the same id that the
actual par element has-
refering to the pardef is done with something like:

<xsl:variable name='pabid'>
  <xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test='@def'><xsl:value-of select='@def'/></xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of
select='preceding-sibling::dxl:par[@def][1]/@def'/></xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
 </xsl:variable>

 <xsl:when test="ancestor::dxl:richtext//dxl:pardef[@id=$pabid]/@tabs">

Then i have to split the tabs -string somehow.
It seems that "tabs" are exported as special chars - how do i check this?
and what special char it IS actually?
And how do i count them? to make a reference to the left-margin i have to
apply to the fo:block I am actually in-
to make the text appear like tabbed at the right place?!
Let's say i have entered 3 Tabs - so in my example i have to make the
following output

<fo:block left-margin="1.7715in" font-face="Arial">Tabbed Text</fo:block>

...something like that.

How do i get a XSLT that transforms my input to an fo: file that makes me
get a correct PDF Output?
Is there a way at all?

Thanks for your help!
Sascha