Re: [xsl] newbie value-of select and xinclude question

Subject: Re: [xsl] newbie value-of select and xinclude question
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:35:03 +0100
Hi John,

> I have the following xml and xsl stylesheet that I am using xinclude
> and xpointer with. However, I can not figure out how include the
> value of <xsl:value-of select="."/> in my xinclude's href attribute.
> (the $filename variable is only a placeholder for where I want the
> value-of select to go and is not actually code, although I have
> tried using $filename as a variable.)

Use an attribute value template. If you put {}s around an XPath
embedded in a (literal) attribute value, the XPath will be evaluated
and the result inserted in the attribute value. Try:

  <xi:include
    href="http://kun.rte.ie:8080/cocoon/static/{$filename}#xpointer(//NewsLines/HeadLine)" />

to insert the value of the $filename variable, or:

  <xi:include
    href="http://kun.rte.ie:8080/cocoon/static/{.}#xpointer(//NewsLines/HeadLine)" />

to insert the value of the current node.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison