RE: [xsl] Immediate help required (Perl and xsl)

Subject: RE: [xsl] Immediate help required (Perl and xsl)
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:29:21 +0100
> Second in Perl and xsl:
> 1. I need to send a parameter from Perl script to xsl.
> This parameter is directory structure. How to do this?

depends on what you are using to transform the XSLT, what perl library ?

and certainly there will be documentation on using parameters >?

> 2. How do I access this parameter in my xsl file?
> Can someone give an example for this.

you use <xsl:param/>

> Third in xsl:
> I'm generating a XML document from a xsl stylesheet. I
> have a variable like this:
> <xsl:variable name="doctype_string"
> select="concat('//DTDs V',$version,' //EN//')"/>
> So I concatinate this. Now I need to print this in the
> header of xml document using doctype-public attribute,
> thats like this:
> <xt:document href="{file}" type="xml"
> doctype-public="$doctype_string">

have you just done a simple test using
<xsl:value-of select="$doctype_string"/>
to see if your variable is returning anything ?
and the correct syntaxt would be using the curly
brackets e.g. {$doctype_string} will return var in
an attribute.

gl, jim fuller