Re: [xsl] XSL:FO Books

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL:FO Books
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:05:56 -0500
At 2002-08-19 10:29 -0500, Uslu, Cihan Y (MED) wrote:
Could you recommend me some good books for XSL:FO, I have a project
coming up and I want to use the book as a reference. Thanks.

We have been selling a book since December, and came out with the second edition of it in April. The third edition should be out in September. Note that buying any edition gives you free access to all future editions. If you need to read paper, there are both US-letter and A4 sized renditions. We also have a rendition of each of our books for blind readers.

  Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
  (Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects)
  Second Edition - 2002-04-05 - ISBN 1-894049-09-8
  Copyright (c) 2002 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
  / 361 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates,
  /           / soft-copy of included examples, and an
  /           / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.
  /           / Free 175-page download preview excerpt.

There is a free preview on the web site of each of our books, so you can ascertain if the style and presentation is acceptable.

One feature of the PDF file is that it is hyperlinked into the Recommendation itself. If you see a Recommendation reference in the book, just click on it and a web page comes up directly at the cited location.

Note there are two mail lists with a focus on XSL-FO:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xsl-fo/

I hope this helps.

....................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth 3-days XSLT/XPath and/or 2-days XSL-FO:
-                               North America:  Sep 30-Oct  4,2002

Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0  +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1                Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:        2002-08-26,27,09-30,10-03,07,10,12-08