Re: [xsl] copy-of / value-of

Subject: Re: [xsl] copy-of / value-of
From: Jan Theofel <theofel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 16:46:40 +0200
Hi,

Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:

> > In my XML for that, I want to be able to add a tag <special> like:
> >
> > <special>
> >   Some text here as line 1<br/>
> >   Some text here as line 2
> > </special>
> >
> > I also tried copy-of which is better, but copies also the XML tags.
> >

> You probably want
>
>   <xsl:copy-of select="special/node()" />
>
> And if not, you should show us your stylesheet and wholeish input and desired output documents.

See also my other mail, here the URLs:
  http://www.etes.de/files/programm.xml
  http://www.etes.de/files/programm-html.xsl

The problem with the copy-of is, that the <xsl:copy-of
select="some/node/special"> will result in

<special>
  Some text here as line 1<br/>
  Some text here as line 2
</special>

What I want to have is instead:

  Some text here as line 1<br/>
  Some text here as line 2

(Without the tags arround.)

> > (I didn't find this in the docs and the FAQ is not reachable
> > at the moment.
> > :-(  )
>
> It's in the specs, believe me.

Ok. But the specs are not easy to understand for a beginner like me. :-(

Thanks,
Jan

--
Jan Theofel                              Fon: +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 0
ETES - EDV-Systemhaus GbR                Fax: +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 50