[xsl] template's match-set ? (feature request?)

Subject: [xsl] template's match-set ? (feature request?)
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 05:40:00 -0700
Hi,

[forgive me if this is already available. if so, what is it called?]

I was looking for the following functionality in the draft for XSLT2, but could
not find it. It seems like it is possible.

Anyway, what I want to do is have a 'match-set' (sort of like attribute-set)
that I can 'use-match-set' on various templates with different modes.

For example:

<xsl:match-set name="content-pieces">
  <xsl:match name="article"/>
  <xsl:match name="faq"/>
  <xsl:match name="job"/>
</xsl:match-set>

<xsl:template use-match-set="content-pieces" mode="mode-1">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template use-match-set="content-pieces" mode="mode-2">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template use-match-set="content-pieces" mode="mode-n">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

This would be useful to me because I am occiasionally adding new tags to my
schema that work the same in the XSLT, in many cases.

Does this exist in some other way? Is this a reasonable request if it does not?

best,
-Rob