[xsl] Looking for a book recommendation

Subject: [xsl] Looking for a book recommendation
From: "Martin Cooper" <martin.cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:42:04 -0700
Yes, I've read the archives. ;-}

Everyone seems to recommend Michael Kay's book for XSLT, but this book just
doesn't do it for me. It seems to leave a big gaping hole in the "middle".
What I mean is that the early chapters give a decent intro to how to get
going with XSLT, and the rest of the book is primarily a reference, which
I'm sure is great when you know what you're looking for.

For me, though, I seem to fall into the hole. I've "got going" with the
basics of XSLT, but I don't know enough to know what to look for in the
reference. When I need to know how to do something - for example "How do I
test for the content of a node matching a specific string literal?" - this
book doesn't help me at all. Also, I learned more about XPath from "JSTL in
Action" than I did from this book.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a book that would fill the gap for
me? Something that doesn't necessarily start from scratch, but doesn't
assume I know what to look for when I'm trying to solve a specific problem?

Thanks!

--
Martin Cooper