Re: [xsl] encoding and XSL Transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] encoding and XSL Transformation
From: Earl Bingham <earl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:03:57 -0700

I'm using emacs and Internet Explorer 6.0 to view the output. Anyway, it is the decimal representation that I want as the output. I am working with XML that is being generated using C++ MFC and the Xerces C++ parser.

What would you suggest I do to convert these characters to their decimal reference? Looking at Microsoft .NET namespaces System.Xml didn't appear to have an answer for this either.

Best Regards,

_Earl

At 07:19 AM 9/10/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>When I use Xalan UTF-8
>encoding, it will make these characters into garbeled mess,
>like  Â$(A  for right tick ,etc.
>When I use james clark's xt parser. It will transform these characters
>nicely. Converting them to their hex representation &#146;

Presumably you mean &#146; is the decimal reference, not the hex reference.
The hex representation &#x0146; maps out to the small latin letter n with
cedilla. This tells me you're trying to pump Windows encodings into Xalan.
Windows encodings within the range of 128-159 map out to a variety of
control characters in Unicode, so your problem begins with your source
document, not Xalan.

Cheers,

Charles White
The Tumeric Partnership
http://www.tumeric.net
http://www.javertising.com
Author, Mastering XSLT, Sybex Books
Co-Author, Mastering XML, Premium Edition, Sybex Books