Re: [xsl] XSLFO White Space being stripped even with collapse set to false

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLFO White Space being stripped even with collapse set to false
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:37:42 +0200
Kloskowski,Matthew wrote:
I want to preserve the white space in my XSL-FO stylesheet.  I am using
linefeed treatment set to preserve, white space set to preserve, and white
space collapse set to false.  It is working fine except for one thing.  When
a line begins with white space it seems to strip it all and start my text
flush left.  If i put one character at the beginning then it will preserve
it fine but I cant do that.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

There is an obscure property described here: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#suppress-at-line-break which could cause spaces around line breaks to disappear despite any other settings. Actually, the spec is a bit fuzzy with this regard, because the usage of the term "line break" leaves still room for interpretation. I'd guess setting suppress-at-line-break="false" on the surrounding block is a cure for this unwanted phenomenom.

J.Pietschmann