RE: [xsl] creating namespaces in a generated script

Subject: RE: [xsl] creating namespaces in a generated script
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:19:05 +0300
Hi,

> as input to my xslt script, I have an xml file, which
> contains a path P as a
> string. The nodes on this path have namespaces.
>   From this xml file I want to generate a stylesheet S in which P is
> actually used as xpath. The URIs mathing the prefixes could be easily
> created but how can I include these namespaces in S if they
> are not part of
> the input?

Having not seen P or S, one possibility would be if P.xml is

  <xpath xmlns:foo="http://xorcist.com/"; xmlns:bar="http://assemblage23.com/";>foo:root/bar:kid</xpath>

And in you stylesheet do

  <xsl:for-each select="document('P.xml')/xpath">
    <xsl:copy-of select="namespace::*" />
    <xsl:attribute name="select">
      <xsl:value-of select="."
    </xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:for-each>

It's Wednesday, so that might not make any sense,

Jarno - Suicide Commando: Hellraiser (VNV Nation remix)