Re: [xsl] Variable access

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variable access
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:57:02 +0100
> I have a small problem with variable scope.

As you have realised the scope of a variable is the element containing
the variable binding.

> It would be even more nice if I could break the loop on encountering the
> 'Cleared' text) to do some processing based on the status of the action. Can
> anyone help me with this?

It only makes sense to "break out" of loops in imperative programming
languages where the loop implies a particular execution order. This is
not the case in XSLT, a for-each applies a template body to all nodes in
a node set. This execution may hapen in any order (and in particular may
happen in parallel)

 <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$Action='Cleared'">

It seems here you want to test if any of your nodes has ActionString='Cleared
so you don't need a varaiable for that, just do

 <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="MsgLevel/OIDInfo/OIDMapping/ActionString='Cleared'">

David