RE: [xsl] Can you apply a template match on a copy node?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Can you apply a template match on a copy node?
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:02:58 +0100
> I'm not that familar with extensions used in Michael Kay's approach. Am I
> right in thinking that to use node-set I need to install something like
> Xalan.exe, and this will then pass a string back into a node set? How do
> these extensions effect efficiency of the tranform? I've been told xsl/xml
> transforms are already fairly processor intensive compared to
> something like

Hello Michael,

node-set is a rather common 3rd party function....and has an implementation
within saxon, and yes also xalan....but it exists in the MSXML api and
generally MS flavor of xslt.

> a pure asp solution, so am a bit reluctent to start complicating
> the process

check out www.topxml.com or www.perfectxml.com, they both trend towards
win32 .....

> further with external calls. Dooes anyone know of or have any good bench
> marks?

xsltmark

goto http://www.datapower.com/ and under xml community you'll find it....but
beware one man's benchmarks is ....oh well u know,

gl, jim fuller