RE: [xsl] hardware xml / xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] hardware xml / xslt
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:26:36 +0100
> One of my colleagues forwarded this to me, I'm a bit
> skeptical that it can do what it says it can do....
>

> Application or web servers send processing requests to the XA35,
> which performs XML processing and then returns the result back
> to the servers for forwarding to the requesting client.
>
> http://www.datapower.com/products/customer_successes.html

read the recent xml-dev discussion on this lil green box.

personally I think that its a solution you throw at your software when you
discover, during development, some performance limitations which need to be
solved

....in the future there is no reason why servers can't 'add value or perform
some processing' to the xml going through its network interface.....

as for 'is it possible', without seeing the price.....there is no reason why
they didnt burn xalan onto a prom or/and have everything run in RAM........i
also would note that xalan is not necc the quickest of the xslt processors
out ther.

l8r, jim fuller