RE: [xsl] newbie question

Subject: RE: [xsl] newbie question
From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:58:40 +0100
>         but I do not understand. why are the contents of the
> <english_name>,
>         <german_name> and <prey> printed and why is value="" ??
>
> The first part to this is the concept of "built in template rules"

Actually this is because there is an <xsl:value-of /> on the <eagles>
element - the built in templates will only get fired through an
apply-templates.

When you do a value-of on an element you get the text of all of its
child nodes concatinated together.  Im not sure what you were intending
here so I wont second guess - if you post what you would like the result
of the transform to look like that would be helpful.

cheers
andrew

---