Re: [xsl] Entities within my stylesheet.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Entities within my stylesheet.
From: Yago Alvarado <Yago.Alvarado@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:15:08 +0100
See comments in line.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
[mailto:owner-xsl-list-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 24 September 2002 17:28
To: xsl-list-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----

YA> ERROR: The element 'xsl:stylesheet' is used but not declared in the
YA> DTD/Schema.

DC> You are using a validating parser so it expects to see a full dtd
DC> defining every element and attribute in your stylesheet.

I was a bit puzzled by this problem because it looked to me as if, as you
say, you needed to validate the whole document but all the places where
I saw this use of entities... were assuming that you could do it without
including a DTD document or defining every element and I just couldn't...

   So thank you for putting some light on this issue.
I won't be able to use it though, but at least I know why. ;-)

DC> Having said that you don't really need to declare these entities in teh
DC> stylesheet you can just use &#241; or type teh n-tilde character
DC> directly, either of which isn't really any harder than typing &ntilde;
DC> and avoids the need for the doctype declaration.

I know I don't need to, in fact I've been avoiding them for a few months
because I've never managed to make them work. ;-)
   It's just that the "code" looks much more readable IMHO if you
have something like &euro; &cr; or &ntilde; than having lots of different
&#xxx; numbers.

Thank you for the explanation.
I was really starting to think my computer hates me. :-)

Regards,
Yago