Re: [xsl] Rendering XML/XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Rendering XML/XSL
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:11:20 +0200
ver wrote:
but I'm seek theoretical information about convert xsl:fo to pdf or
another format. I look for papers describe algorithm of the
decision of a problem of converting.

If you are really sure you want to get into the details of formatting, layout and fine typesetting, get the TeX Book by Don Knuth himself. It is available as TeX source from CTAN and other sources. It describes, among other things, algorithms for line breaking, filling paragraphs and hyphenation. Another source of information are the technical reports on http://www.unicode.org, in particular TR14 covers details on line breaking which are not in the TeX book.

For general information about typography, get a text
book about this topic. Any of the texts should suffice,
this art has not been invaded much by amateurs yet.
While usually not containing formal algorithms, such a
book will give you additional hints about calculating
indentations, choosing offsets and margins, and arranging
page wide layouts.

J.Pietschmann