RE: [xsl] xsl uk?

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl uk?
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:16:51 +0100
> and on that point any indication on when XSLT 2.0 moves on to
> final WD then Candidate Rec and finally Rec......

W3C doesn't typically publish dates. There's a good reason for that:
members are not contrained by published plans when they vote for or
against publication.

> I think that
> XSLT 2.0 will never happen, in the light of the issues
> swirling around XPATH / XQuery.

I think it will happen, though one can never predict the way people will
vote. The number (or size) of outstanding technical issues is definitely
on a downward trend.

> would be nice to see another implementation of XSLT 2.0 also;
> any indication from implementators on this ?

I heard reports that Apache have started a Xalan development branch for
2.0, but I've now idea how far it's progressed.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx