[xsl] how to get info from nodes surrounding current node?

Subject: [xsl] how to get info from nodes surrounding current node?
From: john liao <jliao2k@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:23:03 -0700 (PDT)
I am a newbie, and I just looked at the FAQ and search
turned up too many irrelevant things. I want to
display the value of name in data item when I'm
matching another element:

<TABLE name="table1">
  <ITEM id="105" name="col1"/>
  <ITEM id="106" name="col2"/>
  <IDX NAME="IDX1">
    <D_ID col_id="105"/>
    <D_ID col_id="106"/>
  </IDX>
</TABLE>

I want to print plaintext output in SQL so it looks
like:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX IDX1 on table1 (col1, col2);

My XSL is something like:

<xsl:template-match select="IDX">
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX <xsl:value-of select="@NAME"/> on
<xsl:value-of select="TABLE[@name]"/>
(<xsl:apply-templates select="D_ID"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template-match select="D_ID">
<xsl:value-of select="col_id"/>);
</xsl:template>

This last template can only print 105, 106); so my
output looks like: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX IDX1 on table1
(105, 106);

while I was really looking to print:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX IDX1 on table1 (col1, col2);

How do I print the 'name' in ITEM rather than the
'col_id' in the "D_ID" template?

Thanks for your time.

=====