Re: [xsl] handling embedded XML tags

Subject: Re: [xsl] handling embedded XML tags
From: ninti@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 13:27:44 +1000 (EST)
Sorry, the examples I provided in my original posting were not quite accurate.
This is an amended version:

> Hi:
>
> I am currently converting documents at the Institute where I work into
> XML
> format. We are using standard simplified DocBook XML tags and
> PHP/Sablotron to
> do transformations. The XSLT stylesheets I am using have worked fine
> until the
> following problem arose:
>
> I have <emphasis> tags embedded in <para> tags like this:

> here</para>
>
> I am using the following templates to handle this:
>
> <xsl:template match="para">
>   <xsl:value-of select="."/>
>   <xsl:apply-templates select="emphasis"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template match="emphasis">
>   <xsl:value-of select="."/>
> </xsl:template>

The output I'm getting is like this:

The <para> elements are processed (including content of <emphasis> tags), then
the <emphasis> elements are
processed.

What I am trying to achieve is this:

So, my question is, how can I apply the 'emphasis' template in an
'inline'
manner to elements 'embedded' inside other elements?

Hope this is clear.

TIA

Mick