Re: [xsl] Problem Translating 'escaped' HTML tags to real HTML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem Translating 'escaped' HTML tags to real HTML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:06:39 +0100
> however the returned text does not contain the <br/> tags!!?? If I

which means that your template was never called, most likely, how are
you calling it (on what input) your template looks about right.

Of course ideally you could just fix whatever program is producing your
input document to not quote the html and leave the html elements as xml
element markup.

> I have tried using an xsl:element tag: <xsl:element>br</xsl:element>. This
> is ignored too.

that's a syntax error, xsl:element has a mandatory name attribute.

> I have also tried to use an xsl:text tag: <xsl:text><br></xsl:text>
> and
That isn't well foirmed XML so would be rejected by the XMl parser and
not passed to the XSLT system at all.

David