RE: [xsl] How to get value from JavaScript

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to get value from JavaScript
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:13:49 +0100

> First, I tried to assign xslt variable using JavaScript:
> ***************************  XSLT codes
> ************************* <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl =
> "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";

xmlns:js="javascript:code" version = "1.1" >

> 	<xsl:output method = "html" />
>
> 	<xsl:variable name="url">
> 		<script language="javascript">
> 			var strID;
> 			var intLen;
> 			strID = window.document.location.toString();
> 			intLen = strID.indexOf('livelink.exe/fetch');
> 			strID = strID.substring(0, intLen);
> 			document.write(strID);
> 		</script>
>
> 	</xsl:variable>

There's nothing magic about a <script> element in XSLT. It's just a
result element that goes into the output HTML file. It doesn't get
executed.

If you want JavaScript executed during the transformation, use
msxsl:script or other vendor-defined extensions.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx