RE: [xsl] Getting parameters from a JSP

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting parameters from a JSP
From: "Jorge A. Salido" <jorgesalido@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Oct 2002 19:09:53 -0600
Thanks! Quite what I needed (besides having to set the parameter on the
jsp before the transformation).

Now I have another problem, or kind of :(    The parameter gets to the
xslt just fine, but in:

<xsl:for-each select="../row">
	<xsl:sort select="cell[$sortBy]"/>

Where $sortBy is my parameter. I actually print the parameter and it
prints the number I am expecting, but it doesn't do the sorting, whereas
when I enter a number in its place it works just fine. I've also tried
assigning the parameter to a variable to see if it would help, but with
no luck. My guess it is interpreting the parameter as text instead of a
number, but that seems odd. Do variables and parameters actually have a
type?

It actually works if I do an operation on it, like cell[$sortBy + 0] but
I would like to clear things up instead of doing quick workarounds.

Jorge