Re: [xsl] Comparing with a variable position

Subject: Re: [xsl] Comparing with a variable position
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 04:41:05 +0200
<xsl:template match="node()|@*">
  <xsl:copy>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="container/text()">
  <sub-container>
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </sub-container>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="separator"/>

If "thus several node are possible" instead of text "mixed content" means that there can be written any element or nodes in general, you have to use a grouping method, which groups the nodes in <container/> by their preceding or following sibling separator. There are a few examples in the archives, I would search for "adding hierarchy" or "structure".

Regards,

Joerg

Louis Meigret wrote:
I would like to convert some legacy data of this format :

<container>
mixed content1 (thus several nodes are possible)
<separator/>
mixed content2
<separator/>
mixed content3