Re: [xsl] getting chinese character in XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] getting chinese character in XSL
From: Mike Ferrando <mikeferrando@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:18:55 -0700 (PDT)
Jaish,
I have tested transforming these types of characters. You first need
to convert them to numeric references. Once this is done (Let's say
you use UniRed where a chinese charcter becomes "&# 2303;" with a
utf-8 character setting), then you can transform your xml document
into HTML.

Before you run any transformations

1. S & R &# with &amp;#_ in your xml document.
2. Transform your document into HTML.
3. S & R &amp;#_ with &# to get them back.

I guess you can call a script to do this for your in your stylesheet,
though I do it manually.

Mike F.
Washington, DC