RE: [xsl] Re: Is it possible to know position of ancestor?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Is it possible to know position of ancestor?
From: "Dion Houston" <dionh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:30:48 -0700
Here's another way to do it, and this works regardless of the namespace:

         <xsl:for-each select="..">
            <xsl:number/>
         </xsl:for-each>

Here's how it works:

<xsl:for-each> iterates through each of the nodes in the selected
nodeset.  In this case, that nodeset contains only one node, the parent.
<xsl:number> by default returns the sequence number of the current node
within the context of like named nodes at the same level.

HTH!

Dion