RE: [xsl] I've problems parsing xhtml with xsl

Subject: RE: [xsl] I've problems parsing xhtml with xsl
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:08:03 +0300
Hi,

>  I'm parsing a xhtml with xsl, using xalan. The files are these:
> -- XSL FILE ---
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
> <xsl:output method="xhtml"/>
> <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
> <xsl:copy>
>   <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()" />
> </xsl:copy>
> </xsl:template>
> <xsl:template match="input[@type='text']">

Here uou're matching an "input" element in null namespace, when your input is in XHTML namespace. Change this to

  <xsl:template match="html:input[@type = 'text']" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>

[snip]

>  Another question is: is it possible to use this xhtml with
> iexplorer o mozille
> and make it run.

You tried it and it didn't work? The XHTML looks valid, there should be no problems in using it; if your question was if it's possible to use the XHTML document with the XSL stylesheet on IE or Moz, then just add the xml-stylesheet processing instruction into you XHTML document, see <http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/>.

Cheers,

Jarno