RE: [xsl] Removing duplicates

Subject: RE: [xsl] Removing duplicates
From: Clay Leeds <cleeds@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:22:18 -0700
James,

At 04:02 PM 10/22/2002, you wrote:
"
the preceding-sibling axis contains all the preceding siblings of the
context node; if the context node is an attribute node or namespace node,
the preceding-sibling axis is empty
"

COOL!

Sorry but I must be slow (it is late here).
You only want to process RCs if there is no RC with the same value in the
same DETAILLINE?
Is that right?

Actually, I only want to process TRCs. And, although they all happen to be within the DETAILLINE, I only have to go up as far as RCDATA to see all of the RCDATALINEs

DETAIL
  DETAILLINE
    RCDATA
      RCDATALINE
        RC
        TRC
      /RCDATALINE
      RCDATALINE
        RC
        TRC
      /RCDATALINE
      RCDATALINE
        RC
        TRC
      /RCDATALINE
    /RCDATA
  /DETAILLINE
/DETAIL

If so,

<xsl:template match="RC">
        <xsl:if
test="not(ancestor::DETAILLINE/descendant::RC[count(following::RC|current())
= count(following::RC)][text()=current()/text()])">             ...
        </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

This says "look for RCs descending from the same DETAILLINE as this RC,
where they have the same text value as this RC, and they have a following RC
that is the same as this RC (i.e. they are a preceding RC)"

So I modified your TEMPLATE as follows:

not(ancestor::RCDATA/descendant::TRC[count(following::TRC|current()
= count(following::TRC)][text()=current()/text()])

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. :-(

There is probably a better way of doing this.

Wishing I could I've been banging on this for, well, how many hours since 9am yesterday? Hey... it's 4:20pm here (I'm in California).

BTW, the DATE on this message appears to be fine...

:-)

- Clay Leeds - Web Developer/Programmer - cleeds@xxxxxxxxxx