RE: [xsl] Date Conversion

Subject: RE: [xsl] Date Conversion
From: "Emmanuel Oviosa" <Emmanuel.Oviosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:10:02 +0100
Thanks David.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 23 October 2002 12:22
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I need to know how to convert an attribute nodeTypeValue to a DATE or
TIME,
> since it is a STRING. In XML and XSLT.

XPath (1) does not have specific types for dates and times. You can use
string functions such as substring and substring-before to convert
between formats such as "jan 1st 2002" and "2002-01-01" but the details
depend on exactly what your input format and desired output formats are.

David

The contents of this email and any attachments may be privileged or confidential, for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only and may not be disclosed or used in any way other than by the addressee(s). If you have  received this email in error please advise the sender and delete from your system.

Integrated Solutions Consultants Ltd are unable to guarantee the security of email content outside of our own systems where all emails and content are treated in accordance with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.

Further information about Integrated Solutions Consultants Ltd is available at http://www.isc.co.uk or mailto:info@xxxxxxxxx