RE: [xsl] Complex splitting of XML tag to multiple other XML tags using XSL T

Subject: RE: [xsl] Complex splitting of XML tag to multiple other XML tags using XSL T
From: Lars Eskildsen <laes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:44:59 +0200
Hi'

Thank you for your answer!

>> <!ELEMENT lines (TeleLine, InetLine)+>
>> That says TeleLine and InetLine elements occur in pairs.

>> <TeleLine>
>>      <text2>TTT1</text2>
>> </TeleLine>
>> <TeleLine>
>>      <text1>TTT2</text1>
>> </TeleLine>
>> So this document is invalid.

The DTD line for the <lines> tag had a typo error -
it should of course be:

<!ELEMENT lines (TeleLine | InetLine)+>

Also the line
<!ATTLIST AD SEQ CDATA (U|S|M|E) #REQUIRED>

should have been:
<!ATTLIST AD SEQ (U|S|M|E) #REQUIRED>

My mistake. Sorry!

>> It would help if you worked on teh clarity of the specification a bit.
>> What does all this stuff mean?

In plain words we need the split the customer <ADLIST> tag (a
tag that really contains the structure and text of a list of ads) into
several individual <AD> tags in our own XML format.
This splitting should only occur in very specific circumstances and should
only be applied in a very specific way, which is what the specification tries
to explain.

Anyways - all the specification stuff aside - can you/anyone help me with the XML example
i included (this example covers most - if not all - of the special cases we should
meet).

>> keys may make the solution far more efficient, but they are never
>> essential.  Get the algorithm right first, then think about the
>> implementation.

Since im really, really stuck - i'll take anything that works!!

My beer offer still stands!

/Lars