Re: [xsl] Building RTF variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Building RTF variable
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:12:20 +0100

> It is not a (direct) child of xsl:stylesheet - I but dimly begin to percieve
> how the syntax (might) work.

I'm not sure what your problem is with the syntax: it is a completely
standard Xpath expression, just using the stylesheet as source document.

If you are OK with
/aaaaa/bbbbb[@zzz='ffff']
then you should be OK with
/xsl:stylesheet/xsl:variable[@name='Test']

> It is not a (direct) child of xsl:stylesheet -
If it is some fixed piece of data then you may as wel make it at the top
level, and simplify things.

  I tried
  <xsl:variable name="test2"
  select="document('')/xsl:template/xsl:variable[@name='Test']"/>
  and
  <xsl:variable name="test2"
  select="document('')/xsl:stylesheet/*/xsl:template/xsl:variable[@name='Test']"/>

neither of those.

document('')/xsl:template/

would find xsl:templates thatare children of the root node of teh
current document, but the only child element of teh root node is
xsl:stylesheet.

document('')/xsl:stylesheet/*/xsl:template/

would find xsl:templates that are children of some child (*) of
xsl:stylesheet but there are none of those, all xsl:template elements
are children of xsl:stylesheet, so

document('')/xsl:stylesheet/xsl:template/

David