Re: [xsl] Table not being rendered-bug or xsl?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Table not being rendered-bug or xsl?
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:28:59 +0200
Whitney, Dan (FPDG) wrote:
Am using fop 0.20.4 and am having trouble with the following xml. The table
is not being rendered at all. However if I remove the TABLE parent P it
renders fine. Is this a bug or am I missing something. I also tried putting
the template rules for P and TABLE as a for-each rule within the RECORDITEM
template with no success.

The correct approach is to run the XSL transformation separately and examine the resulting FO document whether the table is actually there. If not, it's the transformation. If the table is there and has the expected data in it, it's either a problem with the FO or a bug in FOP.

Possible problems:
- Your XML source generates two cells per row, the table however
 has 4 columns declared.
- The table is nested into block with margins and text-indents,
which are cumulated and inherited to the table cells, thereby
shifting text off the cells.
- It may be possible that you have a FOP version which does not
like mixed text and blocks. Altough this is alloowed by the spec,
FOP behaves sometimes a bit unpreditably. Try to use
 <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
in the template for RECORDITEM to test for this.

J.Pietschmann