RE: [xsl] Re: variables in XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: variables in XSLT
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:40:32 -0000
> Hi all,
> 1) Is there any concept of incrementing variables in XSLT. I
> am calling one template from other template. So i need to
> pass a variable and need to "Increment" the vaiable. I know
> there is concept of variables, but is there some way to
> increment the variables.

No, there is no concept of incrementing variables. But of course when
you pass a parameter, you can set the value:

<xsl:call-template name="xxx">
  <xsl:with-param name="p" select="$p+1"/>
</xsl:call-template>

You need to explain in more detail what you want to achieve.

> 2) I am using a xslt processor, 'xt' (by  james clark) and it
> doesnt seem to like >= or <= operators. It does not give me
> any errors but when i apply my stylesheet to the XML file
> using xt, it doesnt seem to process these operators. Am i
> doing something wrong??.

Firstly you may need to escape < and > as &lt; and &gt;. But I would
expect you to get an error if you didn't do that.

Secondly, you are doing something wrong, but I don't know what without
seeing your code.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx