Re: [xsl] Word Highlighting

Subject: Re: [xsl] Word Highlighting
From: Paul Terray <terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 10:53:18 +0100
At 15:36 05/11/2002 -0700, you wrote:
Their XPath implementation is broken since it doesn't treat sibling text nodes
as if they were merged. IIRC, there's a normalize method you can call on the
document node to merge all the text nodes. Someone more familiar with MSXML
will have to comment. Note that a Google search for msxml merge text nodes
turned up
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk30/htm/xmmthnormalize.asp
pretty quickly. For MSXML questions, always check the docs at MS first! :)

Thanks. However, I am using their command-line interface (msxsl), which does not apply this function to the parsed input, it seems...

Perhaps I will switch to saxon one day... Just to go around all these problems ! However, I have a big performance issue (my XSL stylesheets are somewhat complex... and XML files quite big).

Your entity definition is not the cause of the problem, but it will cause
problems of its own.

Again, thanks a lot. However, I think the best thing to do today is not having this kind of entities at all, since I cannot parse an instance just for well-formedness. I need a DTD that defines at least these entities, and most XML editors (document one, that is) now can output UTF-8 directly.

For this DTD, however, I do not have much control (to my regret, believe me).

I still need a rule for text() nodes grouping, and my attempt at this matter has been unsuccessful, despite the helpful hits of Jarno Elovirta...

--
Paul TERRAY - Documents Management Systems Engineer
email : terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx