Re: [xsl] MSXML / NBSP problem and resolution

Subject: Re: [xsl] MSXML / NBSP problem and resolution
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:52:11 GMT
  strOutput = xmldoc.transformNode(xsldoc)
  response.write strOutput

 Well, that's your problem then.

transformNode produces a microsoft BSTR string thingy, which is _always_
UTF16 encoded as the BSTR type doesn't support any other
encoding.

If you used transformNode you could specify a string or a stream
as the output destination and then the XSLT serialiser will be used and
the hints in xsl:output will be used.

> i.e., I still don't understand why it is adding that meta tag into the
> output.

The XSLT spec says it must, so it does.

The question is, given that the XSLT system inserted a declaration taht
it was utf16, and it was utf16, and you said IE6 detected it as utf16,
what was the original problem, I don't think I noticed the start of this
thread?

David